Daybreak Family Camp
New traditions start here! Come to enjoy a delightful Labor Day weekend of relaxation, great food, friends, optional recreational activities, campfire worship, an engaging guest speaker, and more!
Daybreak Family Camp… when you’re at Daybreak you’re family… is an opportunity for families, individuals, empty nesters and anyone else that would like to enjoy the deep faith building experience of summer camp.
“Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29
2017 camp dates: September 1-4
- Download the 2017 Family Camp flyer
- Individual $125; Family max. $375
- Volunteer staff: $85
- Click here to register for Family Camp
Start a new tradition at Daybreak Camp!
Why are camp traditions so important? Because they offer numerous benefits like:
- Camp traditions provide a source of identity. They often tell a story about who we are within our immediate family, community and in Christ.
- Camp traditions offer comfort and security. Traditions and rituals are the antidote to the harried feeling that comes from our fast-paced and ever changing world. It is comforting to have a few constants in your life, like going to camp year after year.
- Camp traditions teach values. Imparting and reinforcing Christian values is heightened in nature.
- Camp traditions add to the rhythm and seasonality of life. Our world and universe are composed of cycles big and small—sunrise and sunset; death and rebirth; winter, spring, summer, and fall; even the school year and summer break. Making camp a part of your seasonal cycle adds a rhythm that creates the opportunity to look forward in anticipation and a look back with fond memories.
- Camp traditions pass on cultural and religious heritage. Many family traditions have been passed down through multiple generations. Creating them in your own family is a great way to teach your children and grandchildren about your family’s cultural and religious history, thus adding to their personal identity.
- Camp traditions connect generations. Family camp provides the opportunity to build and strengthen relationships through fellowship, laughter, worship and play.
- Camp traditions create lasting memories. The tradition of going camp just does!
For many of you, attending Daybreak during the summer as a volunteer and/or camper has become a delightful tradition that has been encouraging to your relationship with Jesus Christ. Please take time to share with others how camp has enriched your life so that they may have the opportunity experience our Heavenly Father in His beautiful creation.
Remember this invitation is for all of the “Daybreak Family”. Whether you are single, married with children or “empty nesters,” Daybreak Family Camp is for you!